CSU Social Media Policy Contact
Director of Social and Digital Media
The use of social media websites is increasingly common for University departments, students and employees and these communications tools have the potential to create a significant impact on organizational and professional reputations. Colorado State University has developed a policy to properly portray, promote and protect the institution. The following policy also provides suggestions on how to protect personal and professional reputations while using social media. This policy requires that:
- Officially-recognized CSU social media accounts and web pages be reviewed and approved through an application process.
- Each social media account will have responsible administrators assigned.
- Each officially-approved account must include a disclaimer statement, in the prescribed form, regarding content and opinions contained on the site.
- Inappropriate, offensive, injurious and illegal content may be removed by CSU employees identified as account administrators or at the direction of the Social Media Policy Staff.
- Best practices for social media accounts should be considered.
Read the complete Social Media Policy online.